The occurrence of nail fungus is not uncommon; in fact it would not be wrong to say that a large number of people get it. The word for nail fungus in medical terms onychomycosis. You will see it happening more to people who are older and among those who are always sick and exhibiting signs of some kind of trauma that affects them mentally.
The occurrence of nail fungus is also genetic in some people and this means you cannot really keep it away. Studies indicate that nail fungus is likely to occur more in weather that is warm than weather that is cold. Apparently the hot weather is more conducive to the growth of fungal rings near the finger and toe nails. The treatment of this nail fungus is not complicated. In fact many a times nail fungus can be treated with simple remedies that can be found at home. Here we provide you with plenty of information on this subject. This will enable you to know how to deal with irritating condition.
Treatment of nail fungus:
- Clean and soak the toe nails that are affected in a mixture made up of tepid water and apple cider vinegar in equal quantities. Keep your feet in for about quarter of an hour. Alternately you can apply undiluted apple cider vinegar with the help of an ink dropper on to the fungus directly. Do this at least three to four times in the day.
- You can also use an exfoliating scrub that is anti fungus on the area that is affected. To do this mix up some apple cider vinegar with coarsely powdered rice and apply this mix to the nail that has fungus and area surrounding it . Rub it firmly and gently into the skin and nail using a bit of cotton. Then scrub out when the paste is dry.
- Apply tea tree oil on the area that is affected. Do this at regular intervals throughout the day. The oil needs to be rubbed in so that it seeps well into the affected area.
- We all know that garlic is loaded with antiseptic qualities. You can also grate some garlic to apply over the are that is affected. You need to leave it overnight for it to have some effect. Alternately you can place the garlic cloves on the affected area and cover them with socks that you can keep on throughout the night.
- Apply a mix having pine cleaner and soy sauce to help in curing the nail fungus. You need to apply this mix on the area that is affected after you have your bath.
- Mix together juice of lemon with olive oil in equal quantities and gently rub this mix on your feet. This will have the double benefit of the olive oil softening the skin and the lemon juice curing the fungal infection.
- Just mix warmed up and equal portions of lavender and tea tree oil. Then apply this mix on to the area that is affected with a bit of cotton or a Q tip. Keep on doing this about two or three times during the course of a day. Lavender will help in fighting infection and also help bring down skin irritation and both tea tree oil and lavender oil have antiseptic qualities that will help.
- Mix together a teaspoon of olive oil with a couple of drops of oregano oil and keep applying this mixture to the affected area for a fortnight. Oregano is known to be full of antiparasitical, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and analgesic properties that help in this instance.