Today there is nobody out there who does not want to look her best. But many of us tend to get confused when it comes to the color of our clothing. There is so much confusion out there and people are always coming up with these tidbits they think is right or have read somewhere. These could include common misconceptions like:
- If you are heavily built then you are better of wearing black or any such dark color.
- Prints are a big no-no for a curvy woman
- Pink does not work well with women over a certain age. It will make her look really old.
- Brown and grey are boring colors and rarely look good on anyone
- White is boring and so is black
- Flowery prints do not look good when they are big
- Stripes are better suited for men than women
- Polka dots are so old fashioned
- Red is too loud and maroon too somber
- Jeweled tones are too gaudy.
Actually, forget all these oft repeated sayings and look at fashion, color combinations from a different angle. Yes! You need to go with the color of your skin, the tone of skin, color of eyes, age and the color of your hair, but think about colors that make you happy. In fact, have you thought of the ways how you can make white look sexy?
We give below some tips to find the Best Dress Color Combinations For Women that will make you look good, but do consider what makes you feel good and what makes you feel confident before making a final choice.
Choosing colors that work with your hair:
- Women with blonde hair will look good in bright shades like orange, yellow, rust etc
- Women with brown hair have a wider variety of choices like blue, green, chocolate brown, pink etc
- Women with red hair can look good in green, off white and taupe etc
- Women with gray hair look nice in brighter hues like crimson, purple, jewel tones and even gold.