The day of your wedding has to be one of the most special of your day. It is the day you are committing to a lifetime with the person you love. This means that everything about the day has to be special. Which in essence means that even the lingerie you wear counts? But the fact is wedding are so hectic that you may overlook these details. But remember this; it is important to look good outside as it is to feel good and sexy from within. Here are some tips On What To Wear Underneath Your Wedding Dress:
- You will be wearing bridal lingerie over a long period of time. This means it needs to balance being attractive with being comfortable too.
- Make sure that bridal lingerie is lacy and pretty and not in the least boring or mundane.
- You need not stick with only whites, other shades like peach, light blue, rose and ivory is also acceptable.
Now that we have the guidelines in place, let us see what are the undergarments that you could wear:
- A bustier: Is great for having on under the wedding dress that happens to be strapless and fitting. A basque or bustier will cinch in the waist and lift up your bust line so that you look great. Plus wearing one with a zip in the front makes things easier. For a more feminine look go with something that has lace on it.
- A bra without straps: If you feel that wearing a bustier is taking it too far, then a strapless bra also works. You can also get panties and garter belt with it as a set. It something that will make your wedding dressing even more special.
- A slip for shaping: No longer do we go for girdles or corsets; you can wear a control slip. It looks good and also helps in minimizing wobble and you will find that it is quite comfortable.
- Cute Panties: Wearing underwear that is not comfortable will spoil the day. You will find yourself fidgeting and wanting to adjust it all the time. So go for a pair of panties that fit well, are made up of soft material and also ones that look really good. The type you wear like brief or thong will depend on what you are comfortable with.
- Lingerie that is seamless: Another thing that you ought to consider is the lines that will form on wedding gown due to the underwear that you don. You could try and get seamless underwear with sexy look for the right look on your wedding day.
- The right stockings: Wearing tights is now the trend, but one cannot deny that stockings score high on the seductive look scale. Plus they will be cooler to wear underneath the voluminous wedding gown as the wedding day can be quite hectic.
- The right pantyhose: If you are not the pantyhose kind of gal, never mind you can consider the possibility of embroidered or embellished tights. These are the latest trend and look really good.
- Get the garter right: Tossing the garter is a wedding tradition that has been there for quite a while. Many brides like to wear two of them – one to keep and one to throw away. You can get handmade garters that go with the whole wedding ensemble if you want.
- The wedding robe: When you are going about getting makeup and hair done before the wedding, you will be donning a robe. Instead of wearing an old one, you can get a silk robe. This way you will look your glamorous best throughout your wedding day.
- The chemise: We know the honeymoon follows the wedding and planning lingerie for that is a whole other topic. But do consider a cute, feminine yet sexy chemise for the wedding night.