If you want to be a model and you need to know how to walk on a ramp, then here are some of the useful tips that would help you to walk effectively on a ramp. A ramp is a narrow platform where models show the new trends of fashion during a show. Ramp walking is a really essential part of modeling and it should be done in a perfect manner.
Walking On The Ramp Is Different:
Walking on a ramp is very different from normal walking. This type of walk is designed by the experts to express a specific clothing or accessory. Walking on a ramp is very much similar to a Catwalk. Every model should learn how to Catwalk before entering the ramp.
Useful Tips To Walk On Ramp:
Following are some of the tips that will help you walk on a ramp in a good way.
- Learn by watching the shows of other professional models as an inspiration.
- The minimum height recommended for male ramp walking is five feet and 11 inches.
- Minimum height for females is 5 feet nine inches.
- Always watch straight ahead and walk smoothly.
- Balance yourself effectively while wearing a long pencil heel.
- Let your arms and shoulders swing but don’t swing them much.
- Keep your hands relaxed. Don’t curl your fingers as this will show that you are not prepared physically and mentally.
- Keep the upper part of your arm close to your body. This thing will let you swing the bottom of your hands only
- Don’t lift your knees very much. This can change the layout of a ramp walk.
- At the end, walk with confidence. Confidence is the main part of ramp walking.
Following are some of examples of ramp walking for your inspiration.