Among the fashion lovers, Quotes by Marilyn Monroe are not only popular but also most appreciable. The legend that Marilyn Monroe was continues even today. Ask any man and he will admit that his heartbeat quickens at the very mention of her name. Can you blame them? She was the first known sex symbol and truly deserved that title. She had the intriguing mix of vulnerability, sensuality, innocence and allure that many have tried to emulate and succeeded in doing to only to slighter extent. When she spoke the breathy quality of her voice had many a man leaning forward to catch what she was saying. Her legend remains even today as someone who was great to look at interesting to know.
She came from a normal or even tough background and lived for a very short time on this planet, but managed to leave an indelible impression on our minds and senses. Much of her quotes are so small and succinct but have the ring of truth and honesty about them. They denote the way she lived her short but eventful life and make us nod our heads sagely in agreement. Sometimes the droll comments make you smile and some of the more vulnerable ones may bring a tear or two to your eyes.
But no matter what reaction these quotes bring from you, one thing is sure, you will react and you will react from your heart. Isn’t that all what a good quote or expression is about. You could sometimes listen to a small quote and read the story behind it and this will leave you wondering how such a glamorous creature manage such profound and deep thoughts.
She offered you a view into her mind and thoughts with each comment and quote she made. One can almost chart her life from the quips she has made. Read this and use them as you think apt. Here is the exclusive collection of 70 Famous Quotes by Marilyn Monroe. We hope you’ll love these quotes for sure.
Quotes by Marilyn Monroe
- It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far.
- Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.
- I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it.
- Dogs never bite me – just humans.
- I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
- I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
- I am invariably late for appointments – sometimes as much as two hours. I’ve tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.
- Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.
- Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.
- No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they’re pretty, even if they aren’t.
- I restore myself when I’m alone.
- Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
- Hollywood is a place where they’ll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
- If I’d observed all the rules, I’d never have got anywhere.
- I’ve never dropped anyone I believed in.
- I don’t mind making jokes, but I don’t want to look like one.
- I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy.
- What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.
- I guess I have always been deeply terrified to really be someone’s wife since I know from life one cannot love another, ever, really.
- I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.
- I’ve often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people.
- Suicide is a person’s privilege. I don’t believe it’s a sin or a crime. It’s your right if you want to, though it doesn’t get you anywhere
- We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets
- A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.
- Ever notice how ‘What the hell’ is always the right answer?
- The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream.
- Beneath the make-up and behind the smile, I’m just a girl who wishes for the world.
- The truth is I’ve never fooled anyone. I’ve let people fool themselves. They didn’t bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn’t argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn’t. When they found this out, they would blame me for disillusioning them and fooling them.
- Please don’t make me a joke. End the interview with what I believe. I don’t mind making jokes, but I don’t want to look like one… I want to be an artist, an actress with integrity… If fame goes by, so long, I’ve had you, fame. If it goes by, I’ve always known it was fickle. So at least it’s something I experienced, but that’s not where I live.
- I’ve been on a calendar, but never on time.
- Most importantly, keep smiling. Because life is a beautiful thing, and there’s so much to smile about.
- I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am pretty, but not beautiful. I have friends, but I am not the peacemaker.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they’re right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- When it comes down to it I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them anyway.
- And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.