|sugaring hair removal|
One of the most effective ways of removing hair that is on my face is sugaring hair removal. Body sugar is an ancient Egyptian Technique dating back to the past. It has all natural ingredients. It is quite like waxing but much milder on the skin and much easier to clean out. This is because the Body sugar is soluble in water. You can get body sugar kits in a ready-to-use strip form or in the liquid form.
The process may take some amount of your time, but it is not too much and the best part is it is something that you can do yourself and it can be pretty cost effective as compared to many other methods. As it is quite like the waxing process, this means the hair is uprooted from the roots, so the effect you get is definitely smoother and can long lasting. Of course this depends on the rate of your hair growth.
If you do not want to go out and buy this product readily made, then you can even prepare it yourself. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of sugar
- Juice from half a lemon
- Quarter cup of honey
- Some cornstarch
- Cotton cloth strips or gelatin paper strips
To make the wax on the stove, you need to heat all ingredients on low to medium heat. Stir continuously till it starts boiling. Check to see if it has become syrup like but putting a drop in cold water. If the drop of wax does not dissolve in the water, your mixture is ready. At this stage you can remove from heat and allow it to cool.
To make on Microwave, mix all ingredients in microwaveable bowl and set on high for 2-3 minutes. Do the water drop test to judge whether it is ready or not and allow to cool.
Method of sugaring hair removal:
- When you open the container, whether it store bought body sugar or the one that is homemade, you may find that the mix is a little hard to use. You need to gently warm it so that the mixture becomes a bit looser and easier to use. Just take out the portion you want to use and heat it.
- Ensure that the area that you are going to use it on is free of lotion and cream and absolutely dry. Start with smaller portions of skin rather than attempting to do the entire area.
- Apply a thin layer of cornstarch on to the area you are removing hair from. Apply the mixture in the direction of the growth of the hair. As soon as you have applied the mixture, press the cloth or gelatin strip on top of the wax. This way you can be sure that the sugar mix has adhered on to the skin and hair . This will ease the process of hair removal.
- Grab the end of the strip from the downward direction firmly and yank it at one jerk in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Make sure it is a single, firm and sure moment or else this process can be painful.
- Once you are done removing all the hair from the area, make sure you get any strays using a tweezer or plucker. This will ensure that you have a smooth finish.
- You can clean up the area of hair removal easily enough by using a damp cloth. Since the hair removal mix is made of sugar, it will simply dissolve in the water. In case you are doing this process on the delicate skin of your face, then you can use a gentle cleanser.
- Once you are done with the process of hair removal, you may apply some cooling or soothing cream or lotion on the skin, if you feel the need for it.
Some other hints:
- Always keep the body sugar in a cool place
- Make sure that water does not touch the sugar mix as this will mar the efficacy of the body sugar.
- If your skin feels too hot or irritated after the process cool it down with some ice
- Always test the sugar for temperature before using it.
You will find that the process is quick and relatively pain free, especially when done regularly over a period of time where the hair growth also tends to become less dense.